Last Friday, I came down home to Cincinnati in order to participate in my friend's wedding as a groomsman, and to take care of some business associated with school. Oh, and to get some good riding in. The wedding went well, the school stuff didn't happen, but I've been tearing it up with good, hard 35-60 mile rides. Since I don't have a car (Allison and I share one), I depend on my bike to get me around this town. Mostly, I take the long way whenever I go somewhere, which on Sunday, had me going from my mom's to Allison's parents. Did the 47-48 miles or so in about 2.5 hours, which is a pretty decent pace considering the terrain. A good amount of climbing, including a few steep pitches, and none of it was really easy. I was hoping to get more time in, but I had obligations, as I almost always do, so instead of looping around Roundbottom road for another 10 miles at the end, I brought it in and let her parents feed me.
I'm about to head out now for 50-75 or so. I have nothing to do today, other than some work on the thesis, so I have the whole day ahead of me to ride. If only I were independently wealthy and able to enjoy this life of leisure all the time.
Kevin F
2 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment