Monday, May 26, 2008

NYC

Thanks to Allison's parents, who were generous enough to get me a plane ticket for my birthday with some unused frequent flyer miles, I am off to NYC tomorrow for five days. We're staying at a friend's parent's house in Manhattan, just steps from Central Park, which is pretty much incredible. Our itinerary includes tours of every single major art museum, including the Whitney Biennial, The Met, MoMA, ad infinitum (and by day three, likely ad nauseum.) That's Allison's itinerary, at least. Me? I'm content with an afternoon in some used book stores, hunting down some first-edition J.G. Ballard, followed by bagels sandwiching plain cream cheese and lox. Oh, some latkes with applesauce and sour cream on the side – maybe a Dr. Brown's root beer, too.

Pictures and entries will follow from our stay. I'm also looking forward to some time OFF of the bike – I've put in some serious hours this spring and I need to take a breather. My running shoes are coming with, so I'm looking to get my running legs back together with mid-paced jaunts through Central Park with all the stockbrokers, tourists, and celebrities.

I'll be back Saturday and lookin' to ride Sunday. See most of you then.

3 comments:

Chris said...

sounds like a good deal to me. have fun man.

julie said...

let me highly recommend Patrick Stewart in Macbeth on Broadway. The review in the NYT was so good that I nearly bought a plane ticket.

Hemme said...

There is no mention of pizza or a deli, there should be both.