If you've been around me lately, you've noticed my bloodshot eyes and dripping nose. Don't lie and say you haven't, because I'm such a major wreck right now with the seasonal bane of spring allergies. I've had them since I was 18, which incidentally is the same year that I picked up a smoking habit. But when I quit the cigarettes, the allergies stayed with me and seem to be getting worse every year.
I've tried all the remedies and medicines: some work, some don't. I started off on Claritin, which took care of things, but a year later didn't work for me. Then it was onto Allegra, and finally Zyrtec. Zyrtec's worked great, but my sinuses are still in misery and ain't getting better. The result of all this is that I've become intractably irritable – it's hard to be pleasant when your nose is chafed raw and you can't breathe without hanging your mouth wide open. Sleep's been a joke, too. I fall asleep fine, but wake up in the middle of the night all congested, and I'm up with the sunrise at 5:50 or so, without fail.
So, with that in mind, bear with me for a little while longer. The pollen should be out of the air in the next week or two and until then, I hope that I can get a scrip for some Flonase or other nasal cortisteroid (or whatever they're called.)
Best,
Zach
Kevin F
1 month ago
4 comments:
Take smoking back up. (joking)
Ride down to the local CVS, etc and grab a NetiPot. aka, sinus irrigation. It helps.
Zach -
Go to Merz Apothecary (in either Lincoln Square or in the Macy's/old Marshall Field's building) and ask for the holistic allergy medicine. It dissolves under your tongue, and doesn't have any of the nasty side effects (drowsiness, etc). It's made by Hill & (something). Jen and I use it successfully.
Join the club! I've been useless for the past couple days. Every morning I wake up with my eyes crusted shut and my nose all clogged up. I need to try this stuff Naz is talking about, all Claratin does is dry my nose up real bad.
that sucks man... i'm on allegra and flonase myself.
Post a Comment