As such, this place has become quite the ghost town. Our building is divided into six distinct units, those divided further into six individual apartments. In my particular unit, only three apartments are actually occupied, and it was only two months ago that we had a full house here. The chief complaint due to those peoples' moves being the rent – in other parts of the building, it's the inconsistent, and sometimes mysterious, appearance of hot water. With all problems in concert, the incentive to move away seems greater with each day.
From my perch on the third floor, I get to see many of the people who come and go throughout the day. I'm not looking out with binoculars and keeping tabs, I'm just curious is all. I've come to the conclusion that only a few people are left here, despite the number of names still on the mailbox. Here's the list as far as I can tell:
1. Chris
2. Amy
3. Shirtless drunk man, who is always taking bags of trash out
4. Shirtless drunk man's roommate (?), who carries a cane and a Dominick's bag everywhere he goes
5. Frizzy-haired lady in sweatpants
6. The stoner skateboarders on the first floor who go skateboarding at 4AM with some regularity
7. The really nice woman who lives below me who likes to smoke in the hallway of our unit, which makes me think she isn't really all that nice
8-20. Miscellaneous Loyola students
Hopefully, all the above move out so that only Chris and Amy are left. That way, we can have band practice in the courtyard and raucous parties in the laundry room.
2 comments:
And with less people, you might have more hot water!
Don't forget the creepy lady with the strange donald trump textured wig/hair who circles the courtyard endlessly and gives everyone evil glares if they go in the grass.
Post a Comment