Other than cyclocross, no other cycling discipline gets me all fired-up than time-trialing. I can't exactly answer why, other than the fact that I love aero equipment, hard efforts, and the lack of a sprint finish elbow-to-elbow with a bunch of other dudes. I used to TT back home in Cincinnati on a fixed-gear LeMond Zurich, and set some really good times on the beautiful rolling course out by Shawnee Lookout. I'd ride the course once to warm-up, race it, then ride it once or twice more to get some miles in.
And since 'cross is seven months away, I can take consolation in the fact that outdoor time trial races are only weeks away – and now there's a fancy-pants website, MidwestTimeTrial.com, devoted to time-trialing here in Chicagoland.
Now I just need to get a TT bike, instead of rolling Merckx-style on my road bike.
Kevin F
2 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment