The office closes at noon today, and once out the door, I'm meeting Kevin at his place of employment, getting his keys, hopping on the Blue Line to Logan Square. Then I'll pack his car up, load my stuff in, pick up Carley, go to Vienna Beef (maybe). Finally, head back downtown, pick Kevin up when he gets off of work, switch spots in the car and finally head back down to Cincinnati.
I'm bringing lots of thesis work with me. The light's at the end of the tunnel, as some might say. About time, because I've only waited until I have a full-time job to work on my research. I get home most days at about six P.M., hop immediately on the trainer because the weather's been too lousy the past week to commute in, and then after an hour or so of that, it's a short shower, dinner, and then work. At least I'm disciplined.
I've also got my pedals, shoes, helmet and other cycling accoutrements in the bag. I'm planning on running Thursday and Friday and then spending Saturday and Sunday doing long, slower, "tempo" rides. Y'know, to burn off all the pecan pie I'll inevitably gorge on.
Kevin F
2 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment