Out of Chicago by 9:00 AM with Allison, Jen, and Naz so that me and Naz could race the St. Charles 'cross race. Allison was going to explore the woods and work on some photos and Jen was going to hang out and spend some time out of the city. Thanks to GoogleMaps, my directions to the park where the race was to be held were completely wrong, sending us through a subdivision where there were no cyclocross activities to be seen.
At 10:45, with our race due to start in 15 minutes and still no idea where we were, we came to the unanimous decision in the car to bag it. It was disappointing, as we had come all the way out, but we were all stressed-out, aggravated and just plain mad. So we went to Caribou Coffee, where Allison was able to hit a deadline for her school thesis. After all that, we went to Chili's, where we had the most disgusting lunch ever, and then came back to Chicago. Naz is a huge fan of Chili's, which I find both amusing and mystifying.
We didn't race 'cross, nor did we make it to the race, even. So, yeah, it was something of a bummer. However, we still had a good time – which isn't all one can really ask for anyway?
We have a team open house tonight, and I think Naz and I may roll out for a workout beforehand. It might serve us right, seeing as how we didn't get sweaty with the team earlier. Penance can be a beautiful thing. Apologies to all my friends who I haven't seen in weeks – hopefully you haven't totally written me off just yet. Despite what you think, I'm not that much of a flake.
Kevin F
1 month ago
No comments:
Post a Comment