Sunday, October 26, 2008

Heartbreakers



Yeah, the above is solo Thunders, not the "L.A.M.F." era Heartbreakers, but I'm on tangents today.

Just like last week, I didn't race today. It's a heartbreaker, because I wanted to, I really wanted to. However, I've got to pinch some serious pennies, because I'm waiting on some grant money and it's all slow in coming. So just like last week, I did a solo thing to Lake Forest to take out some frustrations. Hard winds, some chill, but it was a solid three hours by my lonesome.

And because the journalism/media market in this town has just about tanked, I need work, of any kind. I've tended bar, managed a record store, served at a French restaurant, and sold cars. I was good at all of those jobs, even the selling of cars. I'm not so sure I want to do that again, especially with that industry facing severe troubles. If anyone has a lead on something, anything, I'd love to hear it.

1 comment:

Josh said...

cheer up, bucky. I got cranks and a BB that say "ZACH" on them. I also have tuesday off - I may wind my way down to Evanston. Up for a parts hand-off? let me know via email/phone!