For the year so far: 4243 miles, 254 hours. Time to incorporate intensity, reduce durations, and get myself together for 'cross. Last year was a disappointment, if not just because I didn't get to do all the races that I wanted to do. This year, however, things are going to be a bit different. The new team and the tons of awesome races this fall are going to conspire against complete and utter suckage. It's hard to bag out of going to a race, especially a local one, if 20 of your teammates and friends from other teams are there as well.
Also, I'm pumped about the Ohio Valley CX series. A weekend of UCI racing in Cincinnati is going to have me and a whole gaggle of Chicagoans coming down to tear it up. Plus, the Louisville/Lexington USGP races are worth the drive. Looks like I'll be back home more than I thought this fall. At least I get to do my laundry for free.
I'm also starting to incorporate short, intense runs into my weekly regimens. I run for 30 minutes and then go for about a 1-1.5 hour hard ride. Afterward, I'm whupped, but refreshed in the way that only running can do, strange enough.
Kevin F
1 month ago
2 comments:
"Time to incorporate intensity, reduce durations"
bingo.
and less running (=
Tell what I already know, but...do I REALLY have to start running if I want to do well in cross? REALLY? UGHHHH
Post a Comment