Just got word from my thesis committee that I am to meet with them this Friday at 1 p.m. in Athens to defend my work thus far and receive a heaping of constructive criticism. Finally. I've been in a sort of limbo for the past month, just waiting for the word and spinning my wheels as I try to sort out the next stage of my thesis and my life.
But with that, I won't be in Chicago for the next three weekends. I have a friend's wedding shower to attend to this weekend, plus I'll probably spend a couple of days with the parents, eating their food and spending time with my friends and eating their food as well. Then I'll come back to Chicago for several days, only to leave again on Thursday for Pittsburgh for my cousin Isaac's wedding. Allison wants to scope out some museums, ala our trip to NYC, and since Pittsburgh is an awesome town, I'm game. The bike is coming along, too.
Then, after we get back, it's back down to Cincinnati on the weekend of the 20/21 for another wedding, this one for the couple whose shower I'm attending this weekend. After that, I'm back in Chicago for a while – and a good thing at that. Traveling's great and all, but at the same time, it's nice to spend a weekend in Chicago, going to markets and spending quality time with friends.
So, to all those who feel snubbed by my recent absenteeism, I'm sorry.
Kevin F
1 month ago
No comments:
Post a Comment