Monday, March 31, 2008

Curtis Mann

escape (attempt) by Curtis Mann


My article on Curtis Mann, a Chicago-based graduate student of photography, just went live on Gapers Block. Check it out and let me know what you think. This article was a bit of an experiment for me – so much of what I write is about things that I "know." The subject of art is something that's a bit alien to me – I don't have much of a background in the topic, except for a small shred that I've gleaned through discussions with Allison and her peers, so to write about a photographer from my POV as an outsider of sorts was a bit wracking. But I think things came out well, and I hope to continue to contribute content to the GB site in the future.

1 comment:

trim w/ hate; ease w/ love said...

dude, i want to write for GB... hook it up.

although i'm not really an expert on anything besides misanthropy.

(good article homie)