I made the worst meal ever tonight. Here's the recipe, in case you wanted to make it in the comfort of your own homes:
3/4 cup cooked polenta
(This was sitting in my fridge from two days ago, but was still good. This was not the problem.)
1 medium onion
2 cloves garlic
1/2 cup pizza sauce
3/4 cup canned tomatoes
1/2 cup chicken stock
salt and pepper to taste
(Off to a good start – I decided to make a pasta sauce to pour over the polenta. I diced-up and sauteed the onions and garlic, added the tomatoes and sauce, and poured in some stock to thin things out. It tasted awesome at this point.)
1 can Starkist albacore tuna, in water
(So, I wanted some protein for this meal. In my cupboard, I have about 15 cans of tuna, and I want to use some of them up to make way for jack mackeral, cod, or some other canned fish that I won't ever eat. However, I was craving some beans – I have a can of pinto and a can of black beans that I was planning on making chili with. I could have put some of those beans in my sauce and had a wonderful meal. But I decided to be a risk taker and go with the tuna. So I dumped the tuna in with the rest of the sauce and stirred everything around.)
Cook the sauce until thickened, pour over warmed polenta in a bowl, and add cheese to top.
(I used the last of some delicious aged cheddar that I bought at Treasure Island.)
Serve and eat.
(After I finished my salad, I took a smell of my tuna surprise and after just a couple of bites, I took the bowl of food into the bathroom, dumped it into the toilet and flushed. The smell was awful and the taste was just as bad – I think the tomatoes just didn't go with the fish. I know the sauce tasted good before I added the tuna, so it must have been the albacore that ruined things. And to think that I was a hair's breadth from putting in beans and likely eating all my food.)
Dammit.
2 comments:
i put black beans on cupcakes. they go with everything.
ew, tuna.
Post a Comment