I had a minor procedure done last Friday to remove a small cyst from my lower back. Gross, I know. I don't think many people care about the details enough to hear them, so I'll oblige on that end. I have no urge to elicit sympathy, either. In the healing process, I find it hard to walk as each step is painful, not even when I take short, slow ones. I can only sit very still and can only touch the ground by crouching. I'm moving like my grandfather -- hesitatingly and with care.
It's frustrating to be compromised in my movements. I'm a fast impatient walker. I squeeze past people on escalators, move them out of my way with my arms on the train. I now stand still and hope that no one pushes hard into my back because if they did, I'd likely drop to the ground in pain.
I'm optimistic that I should start feeling better in a few days, though the complete healing process takes weeks. Some yoga I can manage, but nothing else. This breaks my heart some, as the weather here in Chicago has finally turned slightly. I can't imagine throwing my leg over the top-tube of the bike, let alone actually riding it. No big deal, though. The lesson learned from back in the spring is that it won't take too much hard work to get back to where I was. I came into this thing in good shape, so provided I don't gain a big spare tire, I'll be alright.
Kevin F
1 month ago
2 comments:
The bike will still be there, Zachary. For now, just concentrate on you Wii bowling.
ah, Zach, poor baby
Post a Comment