Thursday, January 7, 2010

No News


The only green thing these days is the moss.

I spent a week and a half in Ohio as a vacation from the noise, congestion, and the people. Half of that time was spent at the family farm. Now that's a vacation. I would do anything to live in the country -- I feel like I'm just biding my time.



Ohio riding is the best: Athens to Barlow. Cincinnati Loop. I daydream about going up and down these familiar hills under my own power when the weather's as ratbelly grey as it is today. I go home to visit my folks and I spend half the time out rolling around, doing my thing.

I finally bought a 24-hole PowerTap 2.4SL Campagnolo-specific hub to replace the Shimano unit that I've been using with a conversion cassette. It's being laced up to a DT Swiss aero rim and with blue nipples. I guess that's cool.

2002 SAAB 9-3 SE

Also we bought another Saab, a 2002 9-3 SE with the high output turbo engine. It's the third Saab I've owned, the others being an '88 900S in red and a '94 9000 CS-Turbo. It's good to be back in something Swedish, even though GM's probably going to kill the brand. All it needs now is a roof rack and a "SAVE SAAB" sticker on the rear window -- both in the mail.

1 comment:

Katsu Tanda said...

you know they sell replacement hub bodies for campy