Monday, April 20, 2009

Celebrity Lifestyle



Joe and I were out on Friday morning before work, just getting an easy spin in with some jumps, and moving the legs. The Chicago Tribune took a photo of us and included our picture in a photo gallery, just because having good lookin' dudes in lycra on your website helps draw web traffic It feels good, no great, to be back riding again without fear of messing myself up. I have lost some fitness -- my heart rate spikes to about 95% of max where before it would stay steady. I figure the three weeks I wasn't training will necessitate some serious work to recover. I re-start my intervals this week in hope of getting a few more road races in before focusing on time-trialing and building for 'cross.

Saturday, I got out with a huge crew to ride my recently-acquired Bontrager OR Race mountain bike in the Palos Forest Preserve. 2.5 hours of hard riding following some real hot-shots, and I was spattered in mud, exhausted, and bloodied. Now I know why MTB racers are so durn fast when they race road -- riding MTB is unbelievably hard and a hard workout. Your upper body takes a beating coincident with the legs. I'm hooked on getting dirty, is all I'm saying at this point.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha. Nice pic, Zach. I hope that you are well.

Josh said...

awesome pic! can you autograph a copy of the internet for me?