Friday, February 13, 2009

Small things

Because the weather hasn't been overwhelmingly lousy, I've been able to commute most days this week to work. Which is nice, because I can get my training in in the morning, shower at the bike garage, and walk into work nice and tired, instead of jittery and wired.

What isn't so nice is doing intervals and sprints with my big Chrome Sultan bag on my back. The backpack fits great, holds all my stuff, but with everything I need in it, it's just heavy. I don't know if it'll make me faster having this thing hanging off of me while I try to break Joe in an interval, but I figure I'm at least working my core while on the bike a little.

Tonight, Allison has an art opening at the Vespine Gallery in Pilsen. Rumor has it that we're going to get tots at Skylark afterward; rumor has it that I still need to buy her a Valentine's Day gift.

Whoops.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

About a week ago the LFP had random long patches of snow and ice. As I approached them I would jump off the bike, run across the snow and ice as quickly as possible, then remount and pedal as fast as I could. And you know what? It was super fun.

Ben VC said...

I have the same problem with training in the AM and my backpack. When the weather is OK I've been trying to ride for about an hour or more before rolling into work and showering there. Luckily my Crumpler backpack is pretty low-profile, so I don't think I take too much of an aero knock. But it is heavy, with work clothes, tools, lock/cable, shower stuff, lunch and snacks. I'm trying to trim down and carry less stuff but there's not much I can do. I cut an old towel in half :)

But then I'm not doing intervals. I'm not trying to peak until the middle-end of track season, so I'm still in Base. It's still annoying though.

Honestricky23 said...

Dude it is good to have that bag as long as it doesn't throw your musculature balance off. The more weight and drag the better in training. Fill your bottles with concrete!
Hones