Friday, February 27, 2009

...

A long, rough week is now coming to an end. Two hours of work left, a few things to do to help pass the time, and then I'm out to enjoy a dinner with Joe, Jenn and Allison at Ethiopian Diamond. Three days this week, I had to be downtown at 7:15 for work-related meetings and conferences, and I managed to ride into work two of those days, opting to take the train yesterday because of the insane rainstorm predicted (and accurately at that.)

My nights are still insane -- get home late from a training ride or hop on the trainer immediately after walking in the door, shower, eat, and then work on the thesis. I went out Tuesday night with Jen and Naz for dinner at Spacca Napoli and ice cream at Margie's and the huge wad of dairy, dough and clams in my stomach gave me fits all night long. It was worth it, though. Not much a NOLA-ian, never been there, but I sure sinned on Fat Tuesday.

I worked it all off with 1:30 on Tuesday, 2:30 on Wednesday, and 1:00 last night, setting personal wattage records for my 5 minute and 10 minute power on Tuesday and Wednesday respectively. I guess that's good. Hopefully, I can keep things up through the spring road races and back off for summer before building back up for fall cyclocross.

Also trying to knock out a few features for the Gapers Block column. Anyone know anyone cool who rides a bike?

1 comment:

Josh said...

anyone cool? hell yes - ever hear of Ben Popper? Nothing wrong with a little hometown hero piece. Also - how about a feature on the "Kevin Races?"
PS - checked out the Volcano Suns, more Mission of Burma than Husker Du (as per a few articles I read...)