Because it was my brother's birthday last week, or maybe because they predicted goodly amounts of snow over the weekend, I drove back to Cincinnati on Friday after work for a short 36 hours in my hometown to do some laundry, eat burritos at the Comet, and stumble around with my brother at the Northside Tavern. Mission accomplished in all regards. I also picked up the Volcano Suns All Night Lotus Party, just reissued on Merge.
I also brought my bike down, hoping to do some long road riding. I had a free morning Saturday, but it was sleeting at the time I could go out, so on the trainer I rode, listening to David Bowie's Scary Monsters and The Chargers Street Gang. Sunday was the same story, but I had no time, so a half hour was all I got. I guess I should've woken up a bit earlier. No matter though, it was a hard half hour.
After brunch at my grandparents', I was back on the road, headed back to Chicago and wishing it was warm. Only a matter of weeks now.
Kevin F
1 month ago
3 comments:
Are the hills still there? Man, I miss those hills. The Midwest better look out. Ian Thomas is back.
I always loved a good burrito from The Comet when I lived in Cincy. I of course miss the road riding there, I really miss the hills and some actual climbs.
I sailed away;
Wandered afar;
Crossed the mighty restless sea;
Looked for where I ought to be.
Cities so grand, mountains above,
Led to this land I love.
Chorus
Beautiful Ohio,
where the golden grain
Dwarf the lovely flowers in the summer rain.
Cities rising high, silhouette the sky.
Freedom is supreme in this majestic land;
Mighty factories seem to hum in tune, so grand.
Beautiful Ohio, thy wonders are in view,
Land where my dreams all come true!
Post a Comment