I rode 6,000 training miles for the year, so far. That's a number much less than some, much more than others. I could've, and maybe should've, done more, but I don't think it really matters. I'm not getting paid to do this anyway; may as well keep it fun (not like it has been lately).
Oh, Le Ramrod/Le Rambo/Le Bambo is on hiatus. He (of course it's a he) gave up his Centaur mechs, handlebars and brakes for the Voodoo, which until a few days ago had a fine coating of dust all over. Last time I rode that bike was then, and with race season fast approaching, it was high time to get shit into gear. The Prelude's getting a 175mm crank and the Look Keo pedals, along with some fenders, and it'll be the go-to road trainer on the days when I don't feel like riding the CX bike.
I'm hoping by the time September rolls around, that job and salary comes my way so I can get the Indy Fab or Eddy Merckx that I so do deserve. But with nine days left in August, that ain't very likely.
Kevin F
1 month ago
No comments:
Post a Comment