Since I managed to put together my CX bike last night, I decided to go out this morning and practice dismounting techniques in preparation for the upcoming races that I've committed to entering. Went out on the LFP, and managed to get incredibly filthy in short order, likely due to the fact that I tried to ride through every single puddle and patch of mud that I saw. Pushed a really hard pace, but was distracted by the immense amount of damage to the trees that line the LFP. Almost every single tree had to have lost a branch and a good number of trees had lost their crowns or fell over. It was saddening, really. We took a good number of pictures to document the destruction before the Chicago Park Board cleans everything up. Already, crews were out chainsawing and cutting up the fallen trees into more manageable piles.
Kevin F
1 month ago
No comments:
Post a Comment