Spent the day driving back to Cincinnati with Allison. Both of us were thoroughly worn out from moving Amy Wainwright and Chris Schedel into their new apartment, which just so happens to be in the same building that Allison and I live in, and directly across the courtyard from our apartment. My legs are worn out, and my back, which is usually trouble-free, was achy (but nothing three Advil couldn't handle), but I powered through it all with only minor grumbling. I didn't make it to the track like I had hoped, but we can't do it all, can we?
The reason for my return to the Cincinnati was so that I could visit the family, see some friends, ride the bike in terrain that's not flat, and meet with my thesis committee. Yes, I've finally turned in my thesis proposal, albeit a very rough and preliminary version. I have a ton of changes to make and I need to address some concerns that my professors have regarding my methodology and the prior research that I've found, but I'm off to a good start and it feels great to have taken that first step towards earning my master's. At some point, I'll provide a point-by-point outline of the research that I intend to undertake, but right now, I've not got the time.
Hopefully, over the next couple of days I'll get some of the kinks worked out of my proposal, and in turn, re-submitted to my advisory committee. I wish I'd gotten this done earlier in the summer, but with the move to Chicago and my constant trips out of town, it was nigh impossible. One thing is certain, though: I'll need to find some sort of employment, be it a barista or something come fall. I intend to have a sum of money to spend, if only just to take Allison out to a restaurant that's somewhat decent. She's broke too, so she completely understands.
At least we've not taken to eating Ramen yet.
Kevin F
2 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment