Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Palos Meltdown

The Meltdown melted me. I had a horrible race -- cramped up and dehydrated by the end of the first lap, my rear tire started going flat so I just decided that I was done with not having fun. I was in the dead-man zone for about an hour after I got back, which never happens to me. Oof. So much for a repeat of my 4th place last year.

At least I looked really pro sucking. Thanks to Jen Mosley for capturing a shot of me where I didn't look like absolute hell.

Zach

I did win a Specialized Phenom saddle in the raffle. I don't really deserve it because I didn't finish the race, but that's just an ethical quibble that I'm gonna just ignore.

This weekend is the Unnamed Epic -- 80 miles of MTB action. Then, the xXx Relay 'cross race in Jackson Park where I'm doing the 1/2/3 with Chris Jensen and the Coed with Allison.

Gonna be tired come Monday morning.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Zach on a mountain bike. Crazy! But really, it looks like you had a lot of fun.

Judi said...

nice picture zack! lets ride on the 5th if you are in town.