In sum: I flatted five minutes and 2 miles into the 60 mile Leland Kermesse. I rolled over a huge rock and punctured a brand-new Gatorskin. Patrick stopped and said "Take my wheel! Take my wheel!" like a true Hero, but in my hesitation, the pack was already way down the road. Patrick wasn't feeling well and wanted to drop out of the race, so when he saw me at the side of the road, he stopped to help me out.
I should've taken the wheel and tried to get back into the race, but with the wind at near gale force, it would've been hard, maybe impossible. Hey, it's always worth a try.
Instead, Patrick and I rode around to various corners and cheered on friends and teammates. With the tailwind, I saw a speed of 40 MPH on the flat. Woah.
I had to make up the difference Sunday morning, so I woke up early and did the Judson ride -- 71 miles in 3 1/2 hours all the way up to Libertyville, IL and back.
The rest of the day was spent wandering around with Allison, getting coffee, engaging in feats of strength in Winnemac Park, and other really interesting and fascinating things.
Allison and I are talking about moving...again. Our current place sucks, despite how it looks on the surface. There are holes in the building that are home to pigeons, with some pigeons setting up shop in the bathroom ceiling. We've complained to the landlords several times, but nothing. Our rear security gates are still broken, even after several complaints and months. It's stupid. When people on Yelp call your landlords slumlords, it's best to take heed.
Kevin F
1 month ago
1 comment:
what a bummer!
Post a Comment