I'm still itching to own a Specialized S-Works hardtail or Yeti ARC with XX, but my budget right now is tight and I can't go on looking for the diamond-in-the-rough bargain, because if I do, the season will pass me by and I'll have not done any MTB races or gotten in trail time.
Now I've got Spooky on the mind.

Dang, just look at this thing. $1,100 for the frame, anodized. I'd choose black or orange, maybe both, Halloween-stylee.
Two days ago, I dropped $80 to register for the Unnamed Epic, a 75 mile point-to-point MTB race in southern Wisconsin. The braggadocio came in full effect and I said something to Jensen about finishing it in four hours. I can and have done 75 miles solo on the road in four hours, but in the dirt's a different story. Let's say five and if I can come in under 5:30, I'll be tickled pink.
The Dragon comes to me on Monday. I'm chewing my nails off in anticipation. Expect some serious-looking sepia-toned pictures of me on it in double-time.
No comments:
Post a Comment