Riding this spring has been a hit-and-miss affair. Time off from injury, time off from having my wisdom teeth extracted a week ago, and time off just cause. I'm still excited to get out there and do my thing, but when that thing is mostly done on the path that I've ridden on several hundred times since I moved to Chicago, it's all a little dull. I can't and won't complain about that any more than I just did, because we all complain about it.
I'm planning on doing Highland Park/Fort Sheridan rides during the week in addition to whatever I do on the weekend to up the volume and change things slightly. I'm not sick of the route to Fort Sheridan, at least not yet. Some terrain to change things up and the lousy pavement in some sections doesn't bother me as much as it should. My own personal Paris Roubaix.
This weekend, I was all set on Saturday to see The Vaselines and race Monsters of the Midway. That was until I remembered that Allison's parents are coming up to Chicago for Allison's graduation. Whoops. Maybe I can get away for a quick sprint up to Kenilworth the morning of, but the last time I did that when they were in town, I ended up in the hospital with a broken wrist.
All I want to do nowadays are time-trials, centuries, hill climbs, and cyclocross. I wonder if I'm boring.
Kevin F
1 month ago
No comments:
Post a Comment