Monday, January 19, 2009

Thanks, Eddy



Doing two hours on the trainer goes much better with A Sunday in Hell on the TV. Joe let me borrow his copy and while today was nice enough outside to do a good ride, I just didn't feel like it. Funny that the trainer now is a perfectly acceptable way of spinning the legs. Mid-February, my guess is that I'll do anything to ride outside.

I'm also bummed out – seems as if 2009 won't find Schabobele being run. In 2005, it was the first race I'd ever entered. I dropped out halfway into the race because I'd gotten spit off the back and Allison was waiting for me to finish, but I was hooked. The next week, I entered and won the Mentor-Mentor road race with a two mile breakaway. The guy who got me into racing, James Huff, doesn't race or even ride much any more, but I still remember fondly the training rides by Fernald. I'm bummed, too, because I'm awfully proud of my Ohio roots and I want to drag some of the Half Acre Cycling crew to ride my favorite hills and pitches, get some mid-ride Graeters and eat my parents' food. Soon, maybe that weekend, even.

No comments: