Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Stuff



I think I've been bit by a bat and caught a curse of '80s Goth:

The evidence for:

For the past couple of years my playlist has been dominated by Siouxsie and the Banshees, The Sisters of Mercy, Bauhaus, Medicine, My Bloody Valentine, Swans, and old industrial stuff such as Pigface, Nitzer Ebb and Einsturzende Neubaten. Pretty much anything morose, theatrical and tragic I am into.

Not only that, but I feel so much more serious.

I bought a pair of high-top black steeltoed Doc Martens awhile ago.

The evidence against:

The lack of white frilly shirts and crucifix necklaces in my wardrobe.

I was listening to Screeching Weasel yesterday.

I go to bed and wake up too early.



I'll elicit the opinions of the choir here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you're just having "A Strange Day"

Anonymous said...

Dude, I was reading this in GoogleReader and went to comment but then closed the window by mistake and tried to remember which was your URL, typed in a series of variations on your names and saw that you have like 3 other blogs!

Haha.

I say, no goth. Nitzer Ebb!

Kevin Wesley said...

I've decided that we need to start some amazing musical project as soon as possible. We've talked about it, but now it must happen.

I feel like I haven't seen or talked to you in forever.

I miss your smell.