
Via Urbanophile:
Richard Layman pointed us at this cool map of a proposed national bicycle route system.
You might think cross-country biking is crazy, but keep in mind this was put out by the Adventure Cycling Association.
Naturally, I'm a huge fan of this idea as concept. In execution, I'm sure lots will be lost to the difficulties of securing rights-of-way, community resistance, and budget issues. Nonetheless, if even 25% of this comes to fruition, it would be a godsend.
A goal for me this year was to ride from Chicago to Cincinnati, a 320 mile trip spread out over two days. It didn't happen and probably won't with racing, weddings, and other events going on every weekend between now and New Year's. Next spring it probably will, owing to my resurgent interest in endurance riding and all things epic. Who knows? Maybe I'll find myself doing some lengthy riding in December or the end of November before it gets truly cold. I just know it'd be nice to have a dedicated bike route to ride on.
Other notes:
Last weekend was a wild one -- I raced MTB in Hayward, WI on Saturday and CX in Jackson Park on Sunday. Still working on my race report, sadly, as work's taking precedence.
This weekend is the Sun Prairie USGP. I'm going up with Helge and Mike on Friday night and staying for the weekend.
Next weekend is DeKalb. Eek.
No comments:
Post a Comment